Paediatric Immediate Life Support (pILS) Training
Duration: 1 Day
What does the course offer?
Resuscitation Consultancy Medical Services are a registered course centre with Resuscitation Council UK, and a provider of RC(UK) certified pILS courses.
The Paediatric Immediate Life Support (pILS) course trains individuals in the skills of initial assessment of a sick child and provides knowledge and education in the causes and prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest.
The course combines hands-on practical skill stations, workshops and a lecture. Candidates can prepare in advance of the course by studying their pILS manual (provided 2 weeks in advance of the training date) and complete the required pre-course reading.
Upon completing the course candidates will receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) certificate and will be able to function as part of a paediatric resuscitation team.
What will you learn?
The pILS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- Recognition & initial management of the seriously ill child
- The ABCDE approach
- Basic Life Support and choking
- Airway management and ventilation
- BLS with adjuncts
- Emergency circulatory access, fluid administration and medications
- Paediatric ALS algorithm & management of cardiorespiratory arrest
- Simulation practice
- Optional targeted training
- Understand the structured ABCDE approach that facilitates rapid recognition of seriously ill children
- Provide appropriate initial treatment interventions to prevent cardiorespiratory arrest
- Treat children in respiratory or cardiorespiratory arrest until the arrival of a resuscitation team or more experienced assistance
- Become members of a paediatric resuscitation team
If you require further information and/or costs.