Immediate Life Support (ILS) Training
Duration: 1 Day
Welcome to the course information page for our full day ILS course.
Please note; this course is also available as an e-ILS (where candidates are expected to access ILS videos and lectures, and complete an online quiz before attending the 1/2 day practical course), and a 1/2 day ILS recertification course (for candidates who currently hold an ILS certificate that is due to expire).
What does the course offer?
Resuscitation Consultancy Medical Services are a registered course centre with Resuscitation Council UK, and a provider of RC(UK) certified ILS courses.
The ILS course trains individuals in the skills of initial assessment of the sick patient and provides knowledge and education in the causes and prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest.
The course provides training in basic life support skills including defibrillation and basic airway adjuncts, which can be used to help save lives prior to the arrival of the ambulance/cardiac arrest team. Delegates will also be given training in participating as a member of a cardiac arrest team.
Course content is in accordance with the current UK Resuscitation guidelines. Substantive manuals are provided pre course to enable candidates to develop core knowledge.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will be given a Resuscitation Council UK ILS certificate valid for 1 year, as well as 5CME points / 5 hours of verifiable CPD.
Half day ILS refresher courses are also available for those individuals who can provide evidence that they have attended a full ILS course or refresher with in the past year.
What will you learn?
The ILS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- The causes and prevention of cardiac arrest
- The ALS algorithm
- The ABCDE approach
- Initial resuscitation and defibrillation
- Airway management and adjuncts
- Targeted training
- Cardiac Arrest Simulation Teachand Test
- To recognise the patient at risk of Cardiopulmonary arrest
- To understand the principles of prevention of cardiac arrest
- To train healthcare personnel in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, simple airway management and safe defibrillation (manual and/or AED), enabling them to manage patients in cardiac arrest until arrival of an ambulance
- To participate as members of an effective team
If you require further information and/or costs.
Use the links below to download useful information before and after your training:
– Guidance for healthcare professionals (link)
– CPR & AED Algorithm Posters(link)
– Emergency Resuscitation Kit Contents (link)
– Additional reading: Nursing times: The Deteriorating Patients(PDF)
– Course Info Sheet (PDF)