Advanced Life Support (e-ALS) Training
Duration: 1 Day
What does the course offer?
The Advanced Life Support (ALS) course is designed for healthcare professionals who would be expected to apply the skills taught as part of their clinical duties, or to teach them on a regular basis.
All applicants must hold a professional healthcare qualification or be in training for a professional healthcare qualification. Medical students in their final year of training can be accepted as candidates on an ALS course if this is an established local arrangement.
The ALS course programme consists of lectures, workshops, skill stations and cardiac arrest simulations (i.e. CASTeach). All candidates on our ALS course will benefit from registration on the RC(UK) Learning Management System (LMS), allowing them access to learning content, pre-course multiple choice questionnaires, course evaluations and post course certificates.
What will you learn?
The ALS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- Recognition and prevention of deterioration using the ABCDE approach
- The causes and prevention of cardiac arrest
- Post-resuscitation care
Practical Stations & Workshops
- Associated Resuscitation Skills including IO
- The deteriorating patient (ABCDE approach)
- Rhythm Recognition
- High quality CPR and Defibrillation (Cardiac Arrest Simulation Teach and Test)
- Assessing and treating bradycardia
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach
- Deliver standardised CPR in adults
- Manage a cardiac arrest by working with a multidisciplinary team in an emergency situation
- Utilise non-technical skills to facilitate strong team leadership and effective team membership
Assessment, Certification & CPD Points
Continuous assessment occurs throughout the ALS course, based on clinical simulations that allow candidates to demonstrate the core competencies they have been taught.
Successful candidates receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) ALS provider certificate, which is valid for 4 years.
The ALS course is recognised for up to 10 continuing professional development (CPD) points.
ALS/APLS PRE COURSE PREPARATION
We recognise that attending one of the advanced resuscitation courses can be very stressful and although you will be well supported by all the faculty during this intensive course. Adequate and appropriate pre course preparation is a must particularly if you don’t have access to your own in house resuscitation officer. We can help with this.
Many of our trainers are ALS/APLS instructors or course directors and can spend time running through skill stations and scenarios with you. This will ensure you are well prepared and given the best chance of doing your best.
Please contact us to discuss your individual needs.
Other ALS courses with Resuscitation Consultancy Medical Services
The ALS is also available as an e-ALS and a 1 day ALS recertification course (for candidates who currently hold an ALS certificate that is due to expire).
Candidates on the e-ALS course will be required to access the Resuscitation Council (UK) e-Learning portal to complete a number of pre-course learning tasks prior to attending the practical day.